Thank You for Scheduling a Consultation – Important Follow-Up Information Below
We look forward to seeing you at your initial consultation at Anderson Estate Planning, PLLC. Please, wait in the lobby at the time of your consultation. We will guide you to a consultation room. During your first meeting, we will discuss your estate planning goals and provide concrete strategies to achieve those objectives.
Things That Are Imperative Regarding Your Initial Consultation:
1. Complete Our Online Estate Planning Questionnaire—INCLUDING ALL ASSET INFORMATION: The information we are requesting on our Estate Planning Questionnaire provides a comprehensive picture of your current estate-planning situation and alerts us to issues you may not recognize.
We CANNOT give you appropriate legal advice without this critical information. You must complete your Estate Planning Questionnaire—INCLUDING ALL ASSET INFORMATION—in our secure document system, Decision Vault, AT LEAST 96 HOURS PRIOR to your initial consultation. Create an account at https://app.decisionvault.com/open/anderson/jointplanning to begin entering your information.
If we have not received your fully-completed Estate Planning Questionnaire—INCLUDING ALL ASSET INFORMATION—at least 96 hours prior to your initial consultation, we will reschedule your appointment.
2. Gather the following existing documents (if applicable) and bring them to your initial consultation: Wills
- Financial and Legal Power of Attorney (Durable Power of Attorney)
- Medical Power of Attorney
- HIPAA Releases
- Directives to Physicians
- Declaration of Guardian
- Copies of recorded Deeds for all real estate that you own, especially Deeds for out-of-state real property and Deeds regarding mineral interests
3. Rescheduling Policy: We believe your decision to discuss your estate planning options with us indicates you are serious about protecting yourself and your loved ones. When you scheduled your initial consultation, you paid a one-time initial consultation fee of $450, to secure a dedicated appointment time with one of our attorneys, which precludes them from using that time to meet with anyone else. The consultation fee you have paid allows you to reschedule one time at no additional cost. If you reschedule more than one time, you’ve already asked an attorney to dedicate 3 hours on their calendar to you, which they cannot recover, and you are asking them to dedicate an additional 1.5 hours. Under such circumstances, you will be charged a second consultation fee.
4. Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your initial consultation more than 48 hours prior to your appointment, we will retain a $50 cancellation fee, but we will refund the balance to you. If you cancel your first appointment within 48 hours of your appointment, the $450 is nonrefundable. If you reschedule your first appointment and then cancel the rescheduled appointment (i.e., with no intention of ever meeting with us for an initial consultation), you’ve already asked an attorney to dedicate 3 hours on their calendar to you, which they cannot recover. Under such circumstances, the $450 is non-refundable. Thank you for choosing Anderson Estate Planning, PLLC. We look forward to seeing you soon.